Upside Down

"Sunrise on the Boardwalk" photo courtesy of Arturo Donate @ Flickr

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

adding value

I was going through the Top 25 Apps on my iPhone just to see what was out there and I found the app by CNN. The cool thing about this app is that anyone can register and submit a story. So here's the deal. I was eating supper with my daughter at this wing place and glanced at a news story that read - How to Fix Education. I told my daughter and then my friend who is also a colleague of mine that one day, we'd be on CNN with the real scoop on education.

The plan? To submit our stories along the way until we get notice by CNN : ) We will see what happens.

But wait - there's more! I am reading the news and come across a story called San Diego Zoo is Connecting People to Conservation submitted by Chris Morrow. Now this is what I call adding value. There's tons of these examples in the world, so why isn't it happening in schools enough?I think it could be and what's significant about it is that it adds value and it is based on something that is important to someone - and therefore builds connections between people.

What is the trick for tapping into this passion so that learning adds value?


No comments:

Post a Comment