Upside Down

"Sunrise on the Boardwalk" photo courtesy of Arturo Donate @ Flickr

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So many times throughout history

I spent a few days in Denver, CO with my daughter and parents and I don't know why I am surprised to find examples of learning on vacation!

We took a drive through the Rocky Mountain National State Park which is absolutely beautiful! On the way, we met some very nice volunteers who gave us a tour of the Holzwarth Family home in the mountains. While their family story was interesting, it was what the guide said at the end that caught my attention. He said the part about the story that he'd like us to leave with was that the Holzarth family made it work, no matter what came at them. They were resilient and resourceful.

That reminded me of education and what we encounter every day - no matter what comes at us, we can get through this by being resourceful and resilient.

Do we just stop and look at obstacles or do we keep moving forward by figuring out ways through, around, over, under and move past them?

No comments:

Post a Comment