Upside Down

"Sunrise on the Boardwalk" photo courtesy of Arturo Donate @ Flickr

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Inspiration versus Motivation

Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Which comes first, inspiration or motivation? Or are they related in such a way that it doesn't matter which comes first? Or do they pertain to different goals?

I am working on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Yes. I am motivated to get as much ready as I can for the start of the school year. I would not say that I am inspired though.

I am inspired by listening to A Whole New Mind on audiobook because I will have another opportunity to speak in front of others. I am inspired to share what Daniel Pink has to say and I am using one of his ideas for activating the right brain while I present technical information to staff.  I am tired however, so I am not particularly motivated to work on this beautiful afternoon.

So what is driving me to do both? What drives you to complete work or implement new ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment