Upside Down

"Sunrise on the Boardwalk" photo courtesy of Arturo Donate @ Flickr

Monday, January 31, 2011

Revisiting Madeline Hunter

I recently saw reference to the Madeline Hunter method on Twitter and it turns out there was a lot more behind the 7 step method - check it out!

Neuroscience Reaffirms Madeline Hunter's Model
http://www.ascd.org/ascd-express/vol6/608-wolfe.aspx

It college, I only thought of it as 7 steps. As a teacher, I found it somewhat effective, but I wish I knew more about it then. Just makes the case for deep learning even stronger. I'm still not convinced that every lesson should be taught in 7 steps, but I definitely would like to know more about the reasoning behind each step. Could it still be a valuable tool for designing instruction?

No comments:

Post a Comment