Upside Down

"Sunrise on the Boardwalk" photo courtesy of Arturo Donate @ Flickr

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Prototype for a Different Kind of Report Card

I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day and telling her about an idea I had for a different report card and she said to create a prototype - so today, I start. I've asked my daughter and she is agreeable to being the tester - thank goodness b/c she has amazing thinking!

Time and time again, I hear that the report card is one of the biggest obstacles for change in education. It is a deeply rooted trademark in the tradition of public schooling and culture.

I think what parents want to know that their child is learning - and at their child's highest level. With the onset of personalized learning, this may be the right time to tackle this obstacle.

I am going to try to incorporate pacing and benchmarks through multi-disciplinary areas in a personalized manner - and yes, include the Common Core State Standards.

Thank you to my friend who game me the nudge to begin : )

No comments:

Post a Comment